Wednesday 24 February 2016

We don't ride 'em anymore.....

I have horses and dogs. I live breathe and sleep horses and dogs.
I live in a place where the winters are cold and it feels like everyone, myself, the kids, the horses and the dogs are in storage eight months of the year.

Riding my horse is my therapy both physical and emotional, so in summer I am a sort of fit balanced, confident woman with self esteem and sass. In the winter I slowly melt into a lump of sorrow and grumpy darkness. I have tried a few different things to not have this happen but to no avail. My Dr. Has expressed that this pattern is also not good for my spine which I injured badly eighteen years ago.

I'm pretty passionate in this area, they are not fusing my spine. So today I looked at the exercise equipment in the basement and tried to decide what would fit in the living room.

I will go and check the horses an feed and water them and feed my dogs and take them outside and pray for spring when we can ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment