Friday 26 February 2016

It's Just A Joke.....

I saw a post that offended me yesterday. Really offended me. It was a drawing of an adult man having sex with an infant. I reported the photo. I never do that, I am a pretty live and let live kind of person but that was too far. It got me thinking. How have we come so far that this is considered humor?

Women have been fighting over objectification for decades but I present this, we are objectifying all mankind and all living things for the purpose of entertainment. To the person who wrote that cartoon that baby wasn't a person but merely a prop. When I saw that drawing that baby was a human being having its entire life destroyed for sport. More and more we see men becoming the objects in advertising,in jokes , in life. I think we are slowly achieving equal rights but I don't think we are gaining ground. I think all mankind is slowly becoming objects for the entertainment of others and it terrifies me that this is the world we are leaving for our children.

I refuse to read "50 Shades Of Grey" because it romanticizes the grooming of a young woman as a sex slave. Please believe me as a victim of childhood molestation and rape that grooming is not romantic. It damages how you view sex and relationships eternally.

Allow me to challenge you dear reader next time you see a meme or cartoon that uses a living thing as a prop take a step back and see that living being as an individual and view the joke for what it is ... the dehumanization of our species so that it becomes ok to use others for pleasure despite their pain.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you .... it was a bit meatier than usual.

      Delete
  2. i agree completely and it works both ways. since it does hurt and takes the beauty of what is making love to the one woman or man that you truly lova and adore. it puts sex in sucn a discusting place and men too that this can only hurt us more and more in future

    ReplyDelete