Sunday 25 September 2016

Goodbye says it all.

Yesterday we interred my Uncle Bear to his final resting place. Even though je has been gone for sometime, I feel his loss as strongly today as I did barrelling down highway 2 as fast as I dared trying to get there in time. I remember just getting past Airdrie and the phone ringing, the complete devastation of finding out only 20 mins away I was too late. Even now years later it takes my breath away. It was a bit overwhelming.

My uncle was a second dad, brother and best friend all of my growing up years and now dear reader I have realized I'm 41 and my family is disappearing before my very eyes. This cowgirl is feeling more than a little alone in the world today to be totally honest, but as I drive home I think about my legacy and what mark I leave on the world.

Right at this moment if I left the world I would leave five amazing people that made their start within my body. My animals, the horse program which hopefully someone would keep going and a lot of years of trying so hard to love more than I hate. Is that enough? I dont know for sure. It sure makes a girl think and want to make each day count.

No comments:

Post a Comment