Tuesday 5 April 2016

My Friend Misery....

How we deal with stress is a huge part of who we are. The nicest person in the world can become a total monster under enough stress. I find that as I get older it takes less and less to turn me from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde.

I'm not ready to talk about the reason I am stressed but suffice it to say I feel like a grenade in a garbage can. That got me thinking about stress and how I handle it.

When I was young I got drunk, danced and partied and usually got into a fight. When I quit drinking I failed to find a good way to disperse the adrenaline and pressure from stress and thus I have had ongoing issues with anxiety and anger.

I hate the feeling of being out of control, either angry or happy, I hate when I cant channel my feelings or at least see the good in something. I'm trying to cope with a huge horrible life event dear reader and I am struggling not to turn it inwards and destroy myself.

I am not sure yet how I will manage it but I will let you know as things unfold. Right now I have been taking steps ( in case anyone was worried) So comment, I need suggestions, how do you deal with stress?

4 comments:

  1. well to be honest i am a bad example but i found reading this book from debby ford very helpfull. why good people do bad things. then again we all have our differrent ways off handling stress. in your current situation this is not an easy one to take. i can only say stuppid things and try and try to evertyme think that whatever happensw it is still not the end off the world. altough it does feel like that right now. Wich is perfectly understanndeble. Then there is this other medicine. you look for a guy called goofus-elnino he is not hard to find and just start to curse the hell outta him he can take it. and it makes you feel better at times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... I couldnt be mean to goofus though , he is such a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe me sometimes it lights your heart and goofus can take it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is unlikely to have much of an impact for you right now, but who knows - even a little relief can make a difference.

    When I feel like my life (or part of it) is out of control, I organize....
    I clean my desk, organize my paper or computer files, wash windows, do a bunch of mending, sort my socks (sheets, towels, etc.), ....

    I know it's displacement behaviour, but it occupies me while consider options for the part of my life that's out of control while at the same time keeping me from focusing too much on it. And when I'm done I at least have something that's in order.

    When I have the time/money, I also like to paint rooms, fix cages, plant plants, ...

    ReplyDelete