Thursday 22 December 2016

Onward and Upward

I have a fairly high I.Q. and an aptitude for language and social sciences. I can talk to educated people or I can talk like the most uneducated redneck in the bunch. I'm a social chameleon of sorts in that I am comfortable with all different groups of people and I soak up knowledge like a sponge. I love to learn. In my library you will find everything from foal imprinting to a book outlining evidence that Hitler did not die when history says he did. My literary taste is broad and insatiable, I devour anything regarding psychology. 

My secret dear reader is that the "language" of math is beyond me. I have literally dropped out of school because of math at least three times. It is the only subject I lack to attain a highschool diploma. It is embarrassing to be perfectly honest.

Mini Chaos is having trouble facing school since Tucker has gone on to wait at the Rainbow Bridge and I went in to the local school to discuss the possibility of her redoing a couple classes online, and somehow dear reader I find myself enrolled in grade 10 math and looking at completing my diploma. How did this happen I ponder as I look at the link with dread.

 It's a different world than when I was young and I have to face the fact that a diploma isn't optional anymore, that no matter how intelligent or charismatic or experienced I am, no matter how hard I work, without that paper I'm always going to be struggling uphill. It also opens the door for better opportunities to spend the winter. Instead of waitressing maybe I can find a winter job that makes a difference to someone.    

My palms are sweating and I feel a little faint dear reader but Im about to click the link and wade into a world of BEDMAS and integers. Into the lurch.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment